Yes, OXFORDS are the HOTTEST shoe for the A/W 2009 season and were even shown on the runways for S/S 2010. These classics lend timeless elegance to any outfit. Great transitional shoe that works well with your favorite slacks, fellas. And ladies, these show-stoppers are this season's ankle bootlet.
What is an oxford shoe? An oxford is a style of leather shoe with enclosed lacing. Oxford shoes are traditionally constructed of leather and were historically rather plain. Until this season, at least for the ladies. Men stay more clean and basic, whereas, the ladies add an element of panache, with a detailed or wooden heel.
TOP 5 MEN'S OXFORD. (Note, prices are from low to high. Best thing about oxfords is that they really are timeless, so they are a great investment shoe to have in your closet.)
1. KENNETH COLE REACTION 'SIM PLICITY'. Available at Nordstrom, $79.95.
2. COLE HAAN. Available at Cole Haan, $189.
3. JOHN VARVATOS. Available at Nordstrom, $265
4. GUCCI. Available at Gucci, $650.
5. SALVATORE FERRAGAMO. Available at Neiman Marcus, $950.
TOP 5 WOMEN'S OXFORD. (Note, prices are from low to high. Very versatile. Can be paired with a short dress/skirt, jeans, or dress slacks.)
1. BANANA REPUBLIC. Available at Banana Republic, $138.
2. UNITED COLORS OF BENNETTON. Available at UCOB, $138.
3. YVES SAINT LAURENT. Available at YSL, $640.
4. MARC JACOBS. Available at Neiman Marcus, $695.
5. BARBARA BUI. Available at ShopBop.com, $1300.