Saturday, November 28, 2009

STYLIST MUST HAVE ITEMS FOR MEN S/S 2010

Thankfully men's fashion styles don't change as often as women's, but there are details one must still pay attention to. I will point you in the right direction when putting your look together as well as highlight fashion shows and profile designers so you always feel you're in the know. Every spring season I have my "top picks" for certain items such as jackets, shirts, shorts, and much more. I'm sure there is something in at least one of my lists that you can't live without.

1.THE JEAN-IUS.

A jean like the Diesel 'Zathan 71S' which has a dark wash and slight abrasions at the knees and pocket is a wardrobe necessity. Not only do you want a jean that shows off your assets, but one in a dark wash is a very current look. For a complete list of jeans, see my Top 8 Premium Denim Jeans for Men or for the budget minded, my top picks in Less Expensive Jeans for Men.


 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 

2. GET GRAPHIC
I love graphic tees and am glad to see they are as big as ever in the spring collections. Besides, I have stacks of them, which equates to quite an investment. And like most guys, I'm very picky about what kind of graphic is on my tee. See my Top 8 Men's Summer T-Shirts.








3. BUTTONED UP. 
A button-up that is perhaps more fitted and/or has a nice pattern is a stylish alternative to the plain dress shirt. They are perfect worn with jeans alone or under a blazer. Take a look at my Top 6 Men's Summer Shirts or my Top 6 Modern and Stylish Men's Sport Shirts. 













4. POLO CLUB.
I love polo shirts. They are easy to wear and can be classic yet modern at the same time. They can be worn to the office under a sport jacket or with shorts on the weekend. Top 6 Men's Polos.













5. GET SNEAKY.
The retro sneaker is bigger than ever. I personally love the Asics Onitsuka Tiger Mexico 66 which was introduced in 1966. These were the first shoes with the famous tiger stripes and worn at the Mexico Olympic Games in 1968. If you don't like these, there are many Cool Retro Styles in Men's Sneakers.







6. FREQUENT FLYERS.

Aviator sunglasses are having quite the comeback. At first I wasn't sure about them but when designers like Ray Ban re-imagined the standard aviator, I had a change of heart. Whether a pair like this or some other, they are definitely a must have. See my Top Picks in Men's Sunglasses.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

7. GET BELTED.
Brown woven belts are essential for Spring/Summer 2010. Try to incorporate the trendy look with a fun belt buckle. Another chic pulled together belt is white. I know, don't gasp too soon, it can look divine paired with a nice grey slack or a dark denim. 
   

1 comment: