Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Q & A: TONI FERRARA



Q & A w/ Celebrity Fashion Stylist, Toni Ferrara for Luxury



I had the pleasure of sitting down with Celebrity Fashion Stylist, Toni Ferrara at one of her favorite lunch spots, Le Pain on trendy Melrose. Ferrara continues to set a strong pace in the industry. This FL-native is a go-getter and doesn't let anyone or anything get in her way. She's been called a true inspiration to many girls who dream of Hollywood's lavish lifestyle.

Kate: Why did you decide to enter a career in fashion styling?

Toni: "I was originally a pre-med major, but then dabbled in the music industry in my late teens, which made me look at fashion and then the fashion bug bit me- HARD! Its been a love affair ever since. I love the way a great fit, silhouette, or pop of color can really boost someone‘s confidence.”

K: How important is fashion in the music industry?

T: “Fashion is important in all industries now, as our generations start to age-gracefully, fashion and style keep us current, young, and trendy. In the music industry, fashion is used for branding the artist, band, or group. It’s an intricate part of their image which is what causes major trends in the industry to occur.”

K: Favorite place to be right now?

T: "On a beach someplace tropical with my significant other, or even the simple luxury of being at home with my doggies cuddling on the couch with a glass of wine after a long day on set. It‘s important to always take time out for yourself.”

K: Significant other? Do we know him?

T: “I am currently dating. I am not going to name, names, or whether you would know him or not. I believe in keeping my love life very private.”

K: The one thing you can not live without?

T: "My family, friends, doggies, my Christian Louboutin heels, and most importantly love. I thought at one point I could, but I was proven wrong on several occasions.”

K: Who have you had the opportunity to work with in your career, thus far?

T: "I‘ve worked with Kate Beckinsale, Carmen Electra, Ryan Seacrest, Antonio Sabato Jr., Elliott Yamin, Sophia Bush, Brittany Snow, just to name a few. I‘ve also been fortunate to be an Editor for Lemonade mag, LA Direct, and OceanView magazines.”

K: What is your observation of LA’s fashion climate?

T: "The beauty of LA is it‘s a blending of what‘s hot on the runways of NY, Paris, and Milan, but with a street edge. It’s unique in it’s ability to allow individual’s their ability to create their own style.”

K: Your inner voice tells you to:

T: "Continue to push myself into other areas of the fashion industry. I believe in an Empire and Rome wasn‘t built in a day. I understand that concept and am willing to continue the build.”

K: A fashion faux pas:

T: "SKINNY JEANS. Period."

K: A fashion tastemaker:

T: "Coco Chanel. I believe she was wise beyond her years. She once said, ‘Fashion is not something that exists in dresses only. Fashion is in the sky, in the street, fashion has to do with ideas, the way we live, what is happening.’"

K: You are fearless and phenomenal because:

T: "I believe in myself always."

K: Favorite Designer and favorite fashion item:

T: "Tom Ford"….and anything Chanel!"

K: If you could have 2 fashion designers as your parents, who would you choose?

T: “Marc Jacobs and Diane Von Furstenberg.”

Written by Katie Michaels

No comments:

Post a Comment