Tuesday, December 1, 2009

MEAT-FREE FASHION

Stella McCartney has teamed up with Morrissey to create a leather-free range of footwear.

The fashion designer and the singer - who are both vegetarians - are in the early stages of their collection but hope to launch the line next year.

Stella - daughter of Beatles legend Paul McCartney - said: "I'm working with Morrissey on a line of leather-free shoes which I'm really excited about. We are still in the early stages, but the shoes could be launched next year."

It was recently revealed Stella was in talks with Leona Lewis to launch an animal friendly fashion range.

The 'Happy' singer recently met with Stella - who shares similar views to Leona on the use of animal products in fashion - to discuss the possibility of her releasing her own branded products.

A friend claimed Leona had said: "I'm on a mission. I'd love to promote a line of non-leather bags and shoes that are affordable. I think more needs to be available and not so expensive.

"There's so much I want to do. I've always wanted to have my own fashion line, and that's something I want to focus on next year."

Vegetarian Leona, 24, doesn't wear suede, leather or other animal products and is public supporter of PETA, while Stella has been a long-time vegetarian.

No comments:

Post a Comment