Wednesday, September 9, 2009
FASHION WEEK S/S '10: DAY 1
Day 1 of Spring 2010 New York Fashion Week brings, Ports 1961, Luminess Air backstage at Purr, Michael Angel, BCBGMAXAZRIA and Rosa Cha. Guiding us through is Simon Doonan of Barney's with his Fashion Week Survival Tips.
1. Bring food with you. As you know, fashion + food do not go together, so if you are looking for a quick pick me up, try stashing a granola bar in your purse.
2. Dress OVERBOARD. This is your chance to shine. Fashion is fun. Your wardrobe should reflect that. The bigger, the better, make a STATEMENT!
3. MANNERS. When not loving a runway show, its always important to compliment the designer somehow, some way. "You've done it again."
4. KNOW YOUR ANGLES. Pose. Pose. Pose. Be the model, embrace the music, feel the electricity that is NY Fashion Week.
5. DON'T BE AFRAID TO BUST A MOVE. When the music is blaring and you are waiting in line, strut your stuff. Remember the world is a stage.