Let's start with a toast to Oscar Fashion. "Here's to the women who made Oscar 2009 a night to remember in fashion. May they always look back and remember the good fashion and may you appreciate your stylists who have encouraged and with a stylish hand have guided your image!"
1. Kate "Brings It Every time" Winslet. She continues to amaze me with her choices. Whether its Narcisco Rodriguez or YSL, one word to describe this insanely talented actress: "breathless". She really channeled her inner Hollywood starlet in her pewter Atelier YSL gown. She defined grace, with a sleek soft curl and clean makeup. Even in 2009, we have an essence of Marilyn Monroe, Grace Kelly, and Jean Harlow. Absolutely "breathless" and stunning with the cut, silhouette, and combination of textures, no one can steal the "Best" title from her!
2. Anne "Is there Anything this Girl Can't Do" Hathaway. She made us fall in love with her in Princess Diaries and had us wanting to marry her in Bride Wars and Rachel Getting Married. Another talented actress who has a spirit and fashion sense that is influenced by her greatest role models in Julie Andrews, Meryl Streep, Julie Roberts, all of which have also made Best Dressed lists, respectively. Armani Prive needs to offer this girl an international campaign, because all eyes were on her in the glitterly strapless number. A modern day Audrey? I think so.
3. Dark "Angel"ina Jolie. Thank you. Thank you, the World's Most Beautiful Woman is back on the fashion charts and for good reason too. Sinfully sensational in Elie Saab, Angelina's dark angelic presence was a force to be reckoned with. She kept it simple, by sweeping her hair away from her exquisite face. Her bold emerald green earrings were the best accent to her overall vibe. And best accessory?? Umm, . . .Brad Pitt, and sorry ladies, you can't buy that or borrow that from even the best showrooms in town! But on a fashion couple note-how hot were they on the carpet?
4. Natalie "Perfect in Pink" Portman. All hail the queen? Orchid never looked this good. Ms. Portman pulled it together again in Rodante and the silhouette was to die-for. It was nice to see a splash of color on the carpet amidst the sea of white, cream, and champagne that flourished throughout. Swarkovski crystals embellished the gown in just the right dose. For not being nominated, this starlet was twinkling the brightest.
5. Penelope "Couture" Cruz' in vintage Balmain and looked like a real princess as she danced down the carpet. Glenda the good witch could never pull this one off, can we say Best Supporting Actress?? Her blush-colored gown was supported with a structured bodice and incredible detailing across the bust and the textured fullness in the skirt was exquisite.
To be continued, . . .